Sunday, January 3, 2010

Watch the Birdy!



Here are some concept sketches for a character that I will be including in my thesis project. It's a combination kangaroo, ostrich and billy goat. I made a maquette (a small scale model or rough draft of an unfinished work or sculpture ) of this creature in my character design class and am pretty happy with the results.
Anyway, the Fall semester is over and I now have no excuse not to devote my attention to my thesis full time. My goal is to also update this blog on a daily basis. I know I have mentioned my struggle with self discipline and keeping on a schedule in my earlier blogs, so now I get to put myself to the test. yay.
So far here are all the reasons that I have found to lollygag:

-Must clean apartment!
-My dresser drawers really need to be re-organized
-There is something on Hulu that I have not seen yet
-I need to make a "To Do" list (yes, seriously)
-Laundry
-I need to start packing for a trip that is a week away
-I started packing for a trip and noticed I need a new (insert any sort of object or article of clothing here) so I must go get it...right now!
-I'm hungry
-Must clean apartment...again
-Do dishes
-Organize work space

That's the stuff I can think of right now, but I'm sure there are many more excuses that have popped into my head when it is entirely necessary that I get to work on what is to be my future. Sometimes I wonder if I'm scared or just lazy. What is it they say? Success is 80% motivation? Something like that. School motivates me, my classmates motivate me, my teachers motivate me, artists motivate me, why can't I motivate me?

No comments:

Post a Comment