Thursday, October 8, 2009

Strike!


It's funny how in baseball a strike is a bad thing but in bowling it's a great thing! I guess I should be happy that I prefer bowling. So, I have started an art project involving a bowling pin for one of my classes that I will hopefully be posting pictures of sometime next week. During this project I have already discovered the ineffectiveness of hand held sandpaper (and how awful that scraping sound is) and I expect I will continue to learn new things before this reaches completion.
Recently I have been exploring the wonderful drawings of Milt Kahl. Holy moly if I wanted to be intimidated I certainly found the right artist. People these days seem to knock Disney animation all the time, but Milt was around when Disney movies were what they should be; beautiful. Sleeping Beauty, Lady and the Tramp, The Sword in the Stone, Jungle Book, Robin Hood, and those are just my favorites of his. If I ever get to the point where I can draw even half as good as Milt I think I will be satisfied...well maybe not but I'll be pretty darn happy I got that far. So I am posting one of Milt's lovely drawings with the promise that I will be posting more of my own stuff next week. I am going to the Zoo with my character design class so, with Robin Hood and Jungle Book in mind, hopefully I should have some lovely new and fresh drawings!

No comments:

Post a Comment