Friday, October 30, 2009

Rawrrrrr!


Finally! I went to the Academy of Science this past week with my Character Design class. It was great! I only wish we had more time there, I felt like I just got started when they made the announcement that they were closing.
Next field trip will be the Zoo. This will be a challenge because while all the animals at Academy of Science are stuffed and obviously do not move (except the penguins), the animals at the Zoo are all very much alive and I doubt they will graciously hold still for me to draw them. But I look forward to the challenge it presents.
I have also been toying with the idea of quitting my part time job in order to devote more time to school work and of course my thesis project. I think the key to this will be creating a schedule for myself and sticking to it. This has always been difficult for me in the past as I have a tendency to "lollygag" - as my father would put it. It's hard to work when there are so many distractions like internet, TV, and books. Speaking of books, my favorite author has recently come out with a new book despite his demise in April of 2007. It is a series of previously unpublished short stories that I cannot wait to purchase and add to my collection. Hopefully I can reserve these as a reward for work well done!

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment